Information for the city of Akron
Akronis the fifth largest city in the U.S. state of Ohio and is the seat of Summit County. It is in the Great Lakes region approximately 39 miles (63 km) south of Lake Erie along the Little Cuyahoga River. As of the 2010 census, the city had a population of 199,110. The Akron, OH Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA) covers Summit and Portage counties, and in 2010 had a population of 703,200. Akron is also part of the larger Cleveland Akron Canton, OH Combined Statistical Area, which in 2010 had a population of 3,515,646.Akron was co founded in 1825 when suggested by Paul Williams to Simon Perkins. In 1833, ""South"" was temporarily added to the name when Eliakim Crosby settled a bordering North Akron.
After Summit County formed from portions of Portage, Medina, and Stark counties in 1840, Akron succeeded Cuyahoga Falls as county seat a year later. The Akron School Law of 1847 created the K 12 system. In 1851, Sojourner Truth attended a convention and extemporaneously delivered the original ""Ain't I a Woman?"" speech. During the Civil War, Ferdinand Schumacher supplied the Union Army with oats produced by his mill along the Ohio Canal. Between the 1870s and World War I, numerous churches across the nation were built using the Akron Plan.
With a population increase of 201.8% during the 1910s, it became the nation's fastest growing city due to industries such as stoneware, sanitary sewer, fishing tackle, farming equipment, match, toy, and rubber. The companies l Tire, Goodrich, built headquarters, though only the latter remains. Airships, blimps, dirigibles, and zeppelins have been manufactured at the Airdock since World War II. The Polymer and National Polymer Innovation Centers are on the University of Akron campus, which anchors the Polymer Valley and is home to the Archives of the History of American Psychology. Akron also headquartered the N as one of ten Information Age high tech havens. Awarded by the National Civic League and National Arbor Day Foundation, it was named one of the world's most livable cities.
The All American are annually hosted by the city, which was a venue for some events of the 2014 Games. Tourist attractions include Stan Hywet Hall & Gardens and Lock 3 Park, where the American Marble & Toy Manufacturing Company once stood.Residents of Akron are referred to as ""Akronites."" Nicknames include ""Rubber City,"" ""City of Invention"" and ""Rubber Capital of the World."" Many industries in the United States either began or were influenced by the city. After beginning the tire and rubber industry during the 20th century with the founding of Good gained the status of, ""Rubber Capital of the World"". Akron has won economic awards such as for City Livability and All American City, and deemed a high tech haven greatly contributing to the Information Age.
Current Fortune 500 companies headquartered in the city include the Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company and FirstEnergy. In addition, the city is the headquarters to a number of other notable companies Jewelers. America's biggest tire manufacturer and the fifth largest private employer in Summit County, recently built a new world headquarters in the city. The project, Akron Riverwalk, will feature a large retail and commercial development area. The project began in 2007, but was put on hold due to the financial crisis of 2007 2010, and is now continuing. Bristone built a new technical center with state of the art R&D labs, and relocated its product development operations to the new facility in early 2012. The Eastern Ohio Division of Bank, which has six branches in the city, built a regional headquarters downtown. The city has a free WiFi corridor centered in downtown. Neighborhoods in range include Goodyear Heights, East Akron, North Hill, Firestone Park, Kenmore, and West Akron. Some frequented locations in the area include, Akron Summit County Public Library, John S. Knight Center, and the Robert K. Pfaff Transit Center.
Information for the state of Ohio
"Ohio is highly industrialized, yet it also continues to draw economic riches from the earth. Among national leaders in the production of lime, clays, and salt, it is a historic center of ceramic and glass industries. Ohio's soil supports rich farms, especially where it was improved ages ago by additions of glacier-ground limestone. Although most of the state's income is derived from commerce and manufacturing, Ohio also has extensive farmland, and large amounts of corn, soybeans, hay, wheat, cattle, hogs, and dairy items are produced, although the number of family farms is rapidly dwindling.
Railroads, canals, and highways crisscrossing the state have since the late 19th cent. provided the means for transporting large amounts of raw materials and manufactures. Lake Erie ports, chiefly Toledo and Cleveland, handle iron and copper ore, coal, oil, and finished materials (including steel and automobile parts). In spite of massive industrial decline since the 1960s, which has made Ohio the center of the ""Rust Belt,"" the state retains many manufacturing centers, with an emphasis on heavy industry. Leading products include transportation equipment, primary and fabricated metals, and machinery."
We just collected the money that we were owed a lot more quickly.
Akron Factoring Companies
The majority of factoring companies purchase invoices and advance cash within 24 hours, although the terms and nature of factoring can differ between industries and different financial service providers. -Akron Factoring Companies
I GAVE AWAY MY RECEIVABLES AND MADE MORE MONEY TOO
Akron Factoring Companies Articles
The benefits of using a Factoring company versus a bank loan
If you are looking for a convenient way to obtain business capital, factoring is one of the best options available out there. From a recent study, it has been identified that many people go for bank financing in such instances, considering that it is the least expensive method of investing. However, factoring is associated with many other advantages and we will let you know about them through this article.
A proper cash flow is something that every business in the present world should have. In addition, they need to speed up their cash flows along with time. Otherwise, it will not be possible for them to get banks for financing. Unfortunately, banks are not in a position to accommodate all the financial requirements of a company, due to tough credit standards. That is where factoring comes into play. It happens when a company sells its accounts receivable to a bank or a factoring company. The amount that can be taken depends on value of the invoice.
Key benefits associated with factoring
• A company can get large amounts of capital through factoring. It is because this method is entirely based upon accounts receivable. It has impressed many small scale businesses out there since they can obtain a bigger line from their accounts receivable for services or goods. They will not be able to get such a big amount of capital from any conventional bank lender out there. Factoring is something that is based on the credit strength of your potential customers. If your company has more potential customers with healthy credit strengths, you can easily enjoy the benefits of factoring.
• Factoring is quicker than traditional bank loans. Since most of the accounts receivable factoring lines are in a position to be set up, approved and actively funded within a matter of few weeks, you can go through a hassle free process. However, banks will take more time to engage with their credit reviewing activities about your company. They might even wait for audit results or fiscal period closes. Therefore, if you are in need of quick business capital, factoring is the number one option available out there to consider.
• Factoring is something that expands quickly along with the growth of your company. Almost all the factoring companies out there support it. Your company doesn’t need to have an excellent track recording of business. You just need to select a factoring company that is big enough to accommodate all your business development ambitions.
• A factoring company does not offer loans to their clients. Therefore, you cannot find many similarities between a loan and factoring. A factoring company will purchase your accounts receivables along with cash. Therefore, it can be considered as a similar process to increasing the working capital, while showing it as a liability in the account balance sheets. This will even reduce debt in the balance sheet, when compared to borrowing. At the end of the day, your company will get the opportunity to enjoy a lower debt to equity ratio.
• Factoring is less expensive than equity. Most of the businesses approach equity investors to cater their financing requirements. However, there isn’t any substitute for equity capital in some expansion purposes and business investments. Almost all the equity investors expect a higher return from the accounts receivable than the cost. When it comes to factoring arrangements, you won’t be able to find any dilutive effect on shareholders. This will assist you a lot to stay away from hassle.
• Factoring is also recognized as one of the best options available to improve your turn. In the present world, many factoring companies will verify invoices with your customers and check whether they are being paid on time. This will motivate your customers to pay the invoices on time through a gentle reminder. This will result in a better service delivery from your end as well.
We just collected the money that we were owed a lot more quickly.
Akron Factoring Companies Articles
Medical and Healthcare Factoring
Receive Payment Today! No Waiting Weeks for Reimbursement!
It's certainly no secret that Medicaid, Medicare, HMOs, Workers' Compensation, and other private insurers can take a LONG time to pay your invoices! But now there's good news for healthcare professionals! Now you don't have to wait weeks, sometimes months, to collect on your medical receivables. If you're a healthcare professional and you provide medical or healthcare-related services of any type, we're here to help you!
The Difference between Healthcare Factoring and Medical Factoring
Healthcare factoring and medical factoring are phrases that are often used interchangeably, probably understandably, but there is a difference between these two. The difference is that healthcare factoring applies when there's no third party payer involved, while a medical factoring company is used when there is a third-party payer involved.
Healthcare Factoring and Medical Receivables Factoring are available for the following healthcare providers -
- Group and Sole Practitioners
- Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Facilities
- Durable Medical Equipment
- Medical Coding Services
- Medical Billing Services
- Medical Supply Companies
- Medical Staffing Companies
- Medical Transportation
- Medical Transcription Services
- Ambulance Providers
- Nursing Homes
- Imaging Facilities, such as providers of X-Rays, MRIs, CT Scans, and so on
- Home Healthcare Providers - both Medical and Non-Medical,
- And more! Healthcare Receivables Factoring
Generally, healthcare receivables are associated with customers who are not third-party payers. Some common healthcare sectors include medical staffing companies, medical transcription services, medical billing and coding services, and medical supply companies. When these vendors utilize healthcare factoring they're free to enjoy the benefits of an almost unlimited line of credit - all based on the services they've provided. A simple explanation of factoring healthcare receivables is as follows-
- When work has been completed, the healthcare vendor will invoice their customer.
- These customers may include nursing homes, hospitals, medical offices, and so on.
- Next, the vendor will forward a copy of the billing documentation to the healthcare factoring company.
- Within 24 hours, sometimes even less, the factoring company will deposit money into the vendors bank account. The amount deposited will generally be around 85% of the gross value of the invoice.
- The factoring company handles collections on behalf of the vendor, and will retain 15% while awaiting payment.
- Once the invoice has been paid in full, the factor will release the 15% - less their factoring fee - back to the vendor.
Medical Receivables Factoring
- Regardless of whether you're billing Medicaid, Medicare, HMOs, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, or third-party insurance companies, we have the perfect factoring solution for you. When you start factoring your medical claims you'll achieve instant benefits by receiving upfront capital; while the factor may have to wait months for your customers to settle their accounts. A simple explanation of factoring medical claims is as follows-
- The healthcare provider submits claims to the third-party payer, as usual.
- A copy of completed paperwork is then submitted to the factoring company.
- Within 24 hours, sometimes even less, the factoring company will deposit money directly into the medical provider's bank account: the amount deposited will typically be around 85% of the net collectable value.
- Once the claim has been paid in full by the third-party payer, the factoring company will release the remaining 15% - less their factoring fee.
Akron Factoring Companies Articles
Oil Well Cleaning Owner Interview
The oilfield services industry is certainly a booming one these days thanks to a renewed emphasis on searching and drilling for oil on private and state properties. One of the more profitable ventures in this field is not the drilling for oil, but the cleaning of oil and gas wells to keep them operating at full efficiency. Oil and gas drilling is a dirty business and wells will quickly become clogged even with regular maintenance.
Jeffrey Fielding is the owner of an oil well cleaning company who works with several drilling companies in providing cleaning and maintenance of oil wells. Over the past couple of years, Jeffrey has managed to grow his business considerably thanks in large part to his perseverance and determination. However, things were really tight when Jeffrey first started up his company and at one point he was faced with a dilemma that he didn’t know how to overcome.
The following interview with Jeffrey tells how he managed to expand his company at a crucial time thanks to oilfield services factoring. If it wasn’t for the presence of factoring companies that worked in his field, Jeffrey might be in a completely different business today.
“Hello, Jeffrey. It’s good to talk with you and I’m glad you were able to spare the time to share your story with us.”
Jeffrey Fielding: “Thanks, I’m glad to be here.”
“Jeffrey, tell us a little about how you got into the oil well cleaning business first as it’s something our listeners may not be fully aware of.”
JF: “No problem, I’ll start at the beginning. About ten years ago I joined an oil well crew as a roughneck, working my way up through the business. It was hard work and our crew was usually out in the middle of nowhere, but the money was good and the opportunities kept building for me. I quickly learned the job and was hired by a number of drillers to work their rigs over the next few years during the boom in the oil industry.”
“Right from the beginning, I took notice the oil well cleaning crews that would work each rig and started talking to the guys who were a part of that business. After a few years it became clear to me that oil well cleaning was really where it was at ‘cause the work was really steady and the money was just as good, if not better than what I was making. So, with the money I had saved up along with a couple of partners I opened up an oil well cleaning company of my own.”
“It certainly sounds like you struck gold so to speak. So tell us how your business started.”
JF: “It was pretty straightforward as we got our business loan, purchased the equipment and hired a couple of experienced people to help us clean oil wells. We had some pretty good connections and the orders started to pile in, but then we ran into a problem that none of us could even dream of happening. We became victims of our own success.”
“I don’t think I quite understand, could you explain just how that happened?”
JF: “Sure, about six months in we suddenly got new drillers who wanted to use our services, but we didn’t have the money to expand. We get paid by invoice which can take up to 60 days to see the cash which meant that we trying to pay down our loan, the payroll and the equipment, fuel and other costs and didn’t have enough cash on hand to expand. We knew that if we didn’t hire new people and buy new equipment that we would miss out on a golden opportunity. However, one of my friends told me about oilfield services factoring companies that could help us out.”
“What are factoring companies?”
JF: “Basically, a factoring company will buy the invoice and get us the cash immediately. We had good credit and our invoices were certainly good as well. By using their services, we were able to get the cash in our hands quickly and pay for new equipment to then expand our business efforts.”
“It certainly sounds like the factoring companies saved the day for you, but just how do they work?”
JF: “Well, it was a pretty simple process. We just filled out a few forms with the information that they requested and then we sold the invoices we had already collected, but had not collected to the factoring company. We got the cash we needed immediately and they collected the invoice.”
“It certainly sounds pretty straightforward, but why didn’t you just get another loan?”
JF: “My partners and I went over that and another loan would just be too big a burden. We were already paying off our old loan which was considerable and didn’t want to have more debt hanging over our company. By going with the oilfield factoring companies, we didn’t owe anyone, anything. We just collected the money that we were owed a lot more quickly.”
“So, how is business now?”
JF: “It’s better than ever. By using a factoring company I was able to buy new tubing, cleaning fluids, a new vehicle and other equipment that let us take on the new orders. We were able to expand the business quite a bit and our reputation is such that we work with several drilling companies.”
“It sounds like a dream come true.”
JF: “It really does, but I don’t know what we would have done if factoring companies didn’t exist. We still use them when we need cash for new equipment or products to do our job. It’s quick, safe and brings us the money we need to continue our business.”Jeffrey’s company really benefitted from using oilfield factoring companies that served his industry. There are factoring companies for other types of businesses as well that can take invoices and turn them into quick cash for businesses that need to expand. For Jeffrey and many other small business owners, factoring companies can make the difference in the success of your efforts.
You Can Find More Information at http://invoicefactoringrate.org
and at www.accountreceivablepurchasing.com/